It's a trail run... it's a City run... there's a ferry ride (two, actually)... it's on an island... and... there's dim sum!
On June 8th, PARC's Monthly Trail Run returns to Angel Island!
We last did this event 4(!) years ago and there have been frequent requests for a repeat, of course! All in one day enjoy world class views, work up an appetite running in a truly unique setting, appreciate memorable historic artifacts from several epochs, and then gather for Dim Sum in China Town.
On the Island, the route features a 5-mile (not-too-steep climb) to the summit (360 Bay views!!), followed by several return including a 5.6-mile run around the Island perimeter, passing the former US Immigration Center, Fort McDowell, a former Nike Missile site, and more.
Dim sum will be at the New Asia Restaurant in China Town 772 Pacific Av, SF, 415.391.6666 (no-host, everyone shares the bill).
Stuff you need to know...
1. Meet at 7.35am at 2499 Geng in PA (off Embarcadero, two blocks east of Hwy 101). Car Pools depart 7:45am.
2. Park at Chinatown Parking Garage, 728 Pacific Av, SF (or find street parking), and jog 1 mile to Pier 41 arriving no later than 9:20am to buy tickets. Ferry departs 9:45am.
3. We will be on the Island for 2 and a quarter hours. 5, 5.5, 7, 8 and 10.5 mile run options on the island. We'll run together in groups of similar speed and have sweeps on the routes so that no one will be left behind.
4. Ferry departs the island at 12:25pm, arriving back at Pier 41 at 1:15pm. Then we jog back to the cars for a quick change (if you want) and have lunch at the New Asia.
5. Bring $60 -- Expect total costs to be about $50 (Ferry - $17, Lunch @ $20, a few bucks to compensate the drivers & parking).
6. Even when warm in Palo Alto, it can be windy & chilly on the bay and perhaps on the Island as well.
7. Carry light snacks for the ferry rides --- they also sell food (and have restrooms) on the ferry.
8. Carpools will arrive back in PA around 3:45pm
Maps and trail directions distributed at the run. Click on the route maps below to load the full size version.
SF run from China Town to the Ferry Dock
Angel Island Trail Map & Route Advice