Membership in PARC, Inc. is accepted when you receive a membership postcard and a confirmation by e-mail.
If your membership is not accepted, application fees will be promptly refunded.
I know that running and volunteering to work in club races and other club events are potentially hazardous activities and that I should not enter or participate in such activities unless I am medically able and properly trained. I agree to abide by any decision of a race official relative to my ability to safely complete a run. I assume all risks associated with running and volunteering to work at club races and activities including, but not limited to falls, contact with other participants, the effects of the weather, including high heat or humidity, the conditions of the road and traffic on the course, all such risks being known and appreciated by me. Having read this waiver and knowing these facts and in consideration your acceptance of my application for membership, I for myself and anyone entitled to act on my behalf, waive and release the Palo Alto Run Club, Inc., the Road Runners Club of America, and all sponsors, their representatives and successors from all claims or liabilities of any kind arising out of my participation in these club activities even though that liability may arise out of negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons named in this waiver. I grant full permission to any of the foregoing to use any photographs, videotapes, and any other record of club events for any legitimate purposes, although the club will use its best efforts to avoid publishing a photograph if I express this preference in writing to the president and web editor. I have read and understand this waiver.
Individuals who wish to participate in the activities of this organization shall submit dues and an application for membership. Members and non-members running with the club must follow the following code of conduct:
1) All non-members running with the club shall sign a personal injury liability waiver form.
2) All members and non-members participating in club events shall obey traffic laws.
3) All members and non-members participating in club events shall respect the neighborhoods and environment through which they run.
4) All members and non-members participating in club events shall respect other club members, and users of city facilities, streets and parks, and follow applicable regulations.
5) Members and non-members participating in club runs after dark shall wear reflector vests, other night safety clothing or lights.
6) Members and non-members wishing to bring leashed dogs to club events (in permitted venues) shall control their pets in a safe and courteous manner.
7) Members and non-members shall exhibit proper running etiquette by providing personal and physical space and courtesy to fellow runners.
8) The PARC Board may follow up with any member or non-member not following the rules of conduct and undertake appropriate actions concerning further participation, up to and including membership termination.
9) Members under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian (also members) during all Palo Alto Run Club activities.